I haven’t been posting my Birchboxes lately because they honestly haven’t been that great. There have been a couple of standout samples that I’ve loved, such as the Orofluido hair oil (I will be reviewing this versus Moroccan Oil soon!), but I haven’t been excited enough about the rest of my samples to want to blog about them.
Well this month I opened my box and was extremely pleased to find not one, but two makeup items!
Samples clockwise from left:
1. Chuao Chocolatier Firecracker Chocopod. This was my extra little treat this month. It’s dark chocolate with chipotle, salt, and popping candy. I probably won’t try this because I don’t like popping candy or anything spicy, but my little brother will probably love it!
2. Anastasia Beverly Hills HydraFull Goss in Sugar Pink. This gloss is teeny (0.03 oz.) but I’m excited to try out a new lip gloss formula. I’ve never tried one from Anastasia before. According to the packaging “Multi–dimensional pigments offer high shine and bold color that wears all day without drying or sticky residue. These clinically proven glosses improve the appearance of the lip in four weeks, smoothing the lips’ texture.” While I probably won’t be willing to only use this gloss for four weeks (booooooring!) I’m interested to see if there are any instant results from using it.
3. Zoya Nail Polish in Holly. This is a shimmering emerald green polish from Zoya’s Holiday 2011 collection. I don’t have a lot of green polishes so this is a welcome addition to my collection and I can’t wait to rock it for the holidays!
4. Harvey Prince Eau Flirt. Fragrance sample, blah. This one does actually smell wonderful though. It has notes of fresh citrus and jasmine over a base of lavender and pumpkin. Unfortunately, I don’t react well to lavender (always gives me a pounding headache and makes me dizzy), so I’ll have to see if my mom wants it!
5. Supersmile Professional Whitening Toothpaste. I’ve never heard of this before, but I’m excited to try it. My mother will have a fit if she sees it though because she thinks my teeth are too white as it is. I don’t really think that’s possible, but she’s my mother so I try to listen to her once in awhile. 😉
Here are quick swatches of the Zoya polish and Anastasia gloss:
I’d love to hear what you ladies got in your boxes! Hope you love yours as much as I love mine this month! =D