Greetings, ladies (and gentlemen?)!
Hope you’re enjoying your Labor Day weekend! I’ve been MIA for quite some time because I’ve been busy launching my new blog:
It’s a humorous blog about the crazy things that happen to my BFF Mike and me. It’s a bit offensive and profane at times, so if you’re offended by that sort of thing, steer clear from that link! However, if you’re in need of a laugh and not easily offended, click on over and check it out!
Anyway, since I’ve been missing for so long I decided to do a mega post highlighting the things I’m most excited to use this fall! Some of these have been in my collection for a while and others are fairly new.
Let’s get started, shall we?[Note: Swatches are done in artificial light. Product photos are natural light unless otherwise stated.]
- Revlon Super Lustrous in 640 Blackberry (Creme) – I bought this drugstore cheapie to experiment with a darker lip color before splurging on NARS Train Bleu. It looked much darker and more purple in the tube than swatched, but I love it nonetheless. I can’t wait to wear this deep berry red when it gets a bit cooler out.
- Revlon Super Lustrous in 750 Kiss Me Coral (Creme) – I know this shade seems more like a summer shade, but on my lips it’s a beautiful red-orange coral that looks gorgeous with the gold blushes and shadows you’ll see later in this post.
- MAC Baron’s Rose (Cremesheen) – This was from one of the Tartan Tale lip bag sets from last year’s holiday collection. It’s a dark rosy shade with bronze shimmer that I loved wearing last winter. I’m really excited to use it again during the cooler months this year.
- MAC Oh, Oh, Oh (Lustre) – This is from MAC’s new MAC Me Over collection. It’s one of two things I purchased from the massive collection (you’ll see the other later on) and I’m in love. As you can see, it’s essentially a sheerer version of Baron’s Rose. They look incredibly similar in the tube.
- NARS Lipgloss in Bougainville – I purchased this little gem earlier this summer and haven’t gotten much out of it as it’s definitely more of a fall shade. I’ve found that it’s a bit difficult to apply evenly, but it’s well worth the effort.
- NARS Dolce Vita (Sheer) – I’ve been obsessed with this for ages and purchased it this summer after hearing so many wonderful things about it from J at Lil Lady’s Life and Danielle at Bloomin’ Beauty. It was one of my go-to sheer nudes this summer and I expect the love affair to continue this fall.
- MAC Patisserie (Lustre) – I bought this after hearing rave reviews about it from Jessica at Getting Cheeky; she even wore it for her wedding! As you can see, it’s quite similar to Dolce Vita, just a touch more nude. I’ve been grabbing it whenever it need a subtle lip, so it will be used a lot with my bolder eyeshadow picks for fall.
- MAC Sketch (Velvet) – I love this as a liner or crease shade. It’s dark plummy red with a bit of shimmer that doesn’t really show up once applied. It makes my eyes look fiercely green, which I love. It’s a nice alternative to black shadow for a smokey eye.
- MAC Sable (Frost) – This is one of my favorites year-round, but I love pairing it with Sketch for a pretty fall look. It reminds me of rose-gold which has been quite popular this summer and I’m expecting to see more of it for fall.
- Bobbi Brown Tortoise Shell palette in Bronze (left column) – many of you have heard me rave incessantly about this palette and it’s sister Sand. I used Sand every week during the summer because I was obsessed with neutral matte eyeshadows and bold lips. Bronze didn’t get a lot of love from me due to how shimmery it is, but I’m really excited to bust it out for fall. Both palettes have amazing texture and quality. They’re my first Bobbi Brown purchases, and I plan on making many more in the future.
- Banana (Matte) – Matte pale buttery yellow.
- Olive (Sparkle) – Shimmery olive green with a touch of glitter that doesn’t seem to cause any fallout issues for me.
- Tiger’s Eye (Metallic) – Metallic amber gold.
- Copper Cocoa (Shimmer Wash) – Warm shimmering brown.
- Bobbi Brown Tortoise Shell palette in Bronze (right column) – See above for my thoughts on the palette in general.
- Gold Nugget (Sparkle) – Gold with glitter, I don’t have fallout issues with this shadow.
- Bronze (Metallic) – Metallic bronze.
- Espresso (Matte) – Brown-based black.
- Amber (Shimmer Wash) – Sheer, shimmery, peachy gold.
- MAC Hocus Pocus (Satin) – This is from MAC’s Bloggers Collection. It’s a shimmery dark charcoal gray. I’m not sure why my swatch is pulling a bit green here. It does look different from different angles so that could be it. Excited to use this for a smokey eye.
- MAC Parisian Skies (Satin) – This is also from MAC’s Bloggers Collection, It’s a smoky gray-blue with a bit of iridescent shimmer.
- MAC Plumage (Matte) – Dark peacock blue-green. I love this as a liner or crease shade, and peacock looks like it’s going to be popular this fall.
- e.l.f. Giddy Gold – I won this shimmery gold beauty in a giveaway from Danielle at Bloomin’ Beauty! It doesn’t impart a ton of color, but instead adds a beautiful gold shimmer to the cheeks. My cheeks are often rosy enough on their own that I look like a clown if I add too much extra color, so this is perfect for me! It looks stunning with red lips and winged-out eyeliner, and as you can tell, I’m predicting I’ll be using a LOT of shimmer for fall.
- theBalm Cabana Boy – I grabbed this on sale at TJ Maxx and it looks like it’s going to be a perfect rosy plum shade for fall. It doubles as a shadow too!
- MAC Equilibrium (Satin) – This is the other item I purchased from MAC Me Over, and I think it’s a great addition to my blush collection. It’s a sheer earthy brown that warms my face nicely. I’m a little surprised it wasn’t more popular.
- Tarte Amazonian Clay in Exposed – This is one of my first blushes. It’s an amazing rosy nude and it stays put all day long. I love the warmth it gives me as well.
- Essie Clambake – I love red polish year round, and this is my pick for fall. It pulls a little orange, which is a great contrast to all of the earthy and gold tones I picked for fall. It’s like Revlon Kiss Me Coral for your nails!
- Essie Carry On – This is from Essie’s Fall collection, so it was a no-brainer for my fall lust-list. It’s a deep rich eggplant shade, and although it’s not terribly unique, it’s definitely going to be popular this fall and winter.
- Revlon Top Speed in 730 Royal – The moment I saw swatches of NARS Outremer (which WILL be mine at some point this fall), I knew I needed to own that beautiful blue shade in a nail polish. Royal is a perfect match AND super cheap. It’s going to be gorgeous for a pop of color in my more subdued fall wardrobe.
- OPI for Sephora in 212-Sephora – I have a hard time describing this shade as it’s one of the most unique in my collection. It’s a shimmery gray base with iridescent/gold shimmer and copper flakes. The gold makes the gray base pull slightly olive, which is always excellent for fall, and the copper makes it really unique.
- Orly Space Cadet – I haven’t used this shade much and it’s terribly difficult to photograph. It’s a shimmery iridescent shade that’s light raspberry, gold, or green depending on how you look at it. It’s strange, but will be beautiful with olive or burgundy sweaters, leggings, and scarves.
- Mossimo taupe faux-patent ballet flats from Target – I bought these this weekend as an alternative to my usual black flats. They’re a beautiful shade and I can’t wait to wear them!
- Theory sunglasses – I adore my Rock & Republic wayfarer sunnies, but these look so sophisticated. They’re oversized and look like they have copper foil in them. I got them for a steal on Ideeli.
- Yochi necklaces – I can’t for the life of me remember what types of rock are in these two necklaces, but the first is a beautiful yellow color that matches nothing yet goes with everything. I believe the second is quartz. I love the look of these and can’t wait to wear them with cozy sweaters. I got both on Ideeli.
- Manhattan skeleton watch – I bought this earlier in the year and wore it all summer long. It’s oversized and blingy. My family calls it my Pimp Watch. It’s definitely going to continue to get a lot of use. I bought it on sale on Ideeli.
- 1Ar by Unoaerre gold chain link bracelet – I wear this when I give my watch the day off. It’s a beautiful toggle bracelet and it goes with everything. I adore this brand and buy something whenever I see it on sale on Ideeli or HauteLook.
So there are all of my picks for fall makeup and accessories! After writing this post I’m really excited for fall to arrive! I only wish that it wasn’t followed by winter!
What are your picks for fall? Are you excited for the next season or will you be missing summer terribly?